We'll be updating this periodically with new mock drafts as they're released - if you see any we haven't, drop links in the comments.
With the draft order officially set last night, it's time to get more specific with our Pelicans draft board and overall mock draft in general.
Last off-season, Al-Farouq Aminu was given the chance to seize the starting shooting forward slot in the Hornets lineup. How well did he perform according to expectation?
Positives: A 26.2% defensive rebound rate set the bar for shooting forwards in the NBA. Among all forwards, including p...
Per John Reid, the Pelicans won't be working out any possible draft prospects until June. The people that he notes as possibilities to be drafted include Trey Burke, Alex Len, Shabazz Muhammad, and Dario Saric. I suspect that Shabazz was put on there because he's a big name, and I'm wond...
- Tuesday’s trip to New York City for the NBA draft lottery proved to be quite eventful. Pelicans.com writer Jim Eichenhofer was there to chronicle some of what took place over a 15-hour period in the Big Apple.
- Our boy Austin Rivers was on ESPN’s Argument Special First Take earlier this week and hot damn am I proud he’s a Pelican. Others would have defended the rebrand as well, but Austin fires back with a little touch of authority. Check the clip below and then let’s break it down. The host says the...
- Pelicans.com continues its offseason updates by profiling Brian Roberts, a surprise success story who debuted in the NBA in 2012-13, after playing overseas.
This video's from January, but I'd recommend every Pelicans fan watch it.
UNLV's Anthony Bennett finished the year with fantastic stats and measurements -- 39% from three, 27.6 PER, 0.37 FTA/possession, 11.1 rebounds per 40 minutes pace-adjusted, 7'1" wingspan -- but Draft Express' scoutin...
Per El Universal, a Venezuelan paper based out of Caracas, Greivis Vasquez is scheduled for minor surgery on both his ankles tomorrow.
According to the report, Vasquez experienced some discomfort during the tail end of the season, and the procedure will remove loose particles from his ankl...
Not too surprising a headline, that.
Pro Basketball Draft suggests that's the direction Orlando might go with the second pick. While the team's current best player, Arron Afflalo, does play the off-guard, he could theoretically be moved over to small forward if the Magic elect to go with B...
- Multiple reports from Venezuela indicate that New Orleans Pelicans point guard Greivis Vasquez will undergo a cleanup procedure on both ankles in the coming days. Loose material in his ankles bothered the guard as the season neared its close. One report says the recovery period is 12 to 16 weeks. Gr...
With the outcome of the draft lottery decided last night, Otto Porter seems very unlikely to end up in a Pelican jersey. Now, asides the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Washington Wizards are reported to be very interested in selecting the Hoya on June 27, 2013. Consequently, let's shift our atten...
- Less than 24 hours after the NBA draft lottery, various websites have released mock drafts. The sites appear to be split evenly on which player the New Orleans Pelicans might select with the sixth overall pick.
Our first mock draft this morning comes from the generally-reliable NBADraft.net - they have the top six as such:
1. Cleveland - Ben McLemore
2. Orlando - Nerlens Noel
3. Washington - Otto Porter
4. Charlotte - Victor Oladipo
5. Phoenix - Anthony Bennett
6. New Orleans - Trey Burke
- In celebration of this being the last time a Pelicans fan care this deeply about the Draft Lottery, how about we document our entire day leading up to the big event? (spoiler alert: Turns out it wasn’t big at all). 12:23am: Bedtime. I try my best to fall asleep at exactly 23 (Anthony Davis) but [....
- Michael and I talk the sixth pick of the draft after I moan and whine about it to start the show. Then we talk players that could be available, players that could fall, players that could rise, and lastly, who would each of us take at that spot if we were Dell Demps and had [...]
- Given the Pelicans’ outstanding fortune a year ago, it was understandable that general manager Dell Demps and head coach Monty Williams were not overly disappointed by Tuesday’s outcome.
- Quotes from Pelicans players and coaches following the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery
- So now that the order is set, let’s take a look at how this draft might shake out. 1. Cleveland Cavaliers – Nerlens Noel, F/C, Kentucky Small forward is Cleveland’s biggest need, but Noel is a much better prospect than Otto Porter at this point, so Cleveland will take him. A couple years after...
- The New Orleans Pelicans received the sixth overall selection in the upcoming NBA Draft, as determined by the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery held in New York City.
- Today can unofficially be deemed the first day of the New Orleans Pelicans offseason, as the first domino is set to fall down at 7:30 tonight. The Pelicans own an 8.8% chance at securing the first overall pick in the 2013 draft and have a 55.3% chance of drafting in the top five. As Ryan [...]