With the outcome of the draft lottery decided last night, Otto Porter seems very unlikely to end up in a Pelican jersey. Now, asides the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Washington Wizards are reported to be very interested in selecting the Hoya on June 27, 2013. Consequently, let's shift our atten...
- Less than 24 hours after the NBA draft lottery, various websites have released mock drafts. The sites appear to be split evenly on which player the New Orleans Pelicans might select with the sixth overall pick.
Our first mock draft this morning comes from the generally-reliable NBADraft.net - they have the top six as such:
1. Cleveland - Ben McLemore
2. Orlando - Nerlens Noel
3. Washington - Otto Porter
4. Charlotte - Victor Oladipo
5. Phoenix - Anthony Bennett
6. New Orleans - Trey Burke
- In celebration of this being the last time a Pelicans fan care this deeply about the Draft Lottery, how about we document our entire day leading up to the big event? (spoiler alert: Turns out it wasn’t big at all). 12:23am: Bedtime. I try my best to fall asleep at exactly 23 (Anthony Davis) but [....
With the draft order officially set last night, it's time to get more specific with our Pelicans draft board and overall mock draft in general.
Draft Express has a mock updated for last night's lottery available here, with explanations of the selections available here. DX's top 6 goes thu...
- Michael and I talk the sixth pick of the draft after I moan and whine about it to start the show. Then we talk players that could be available, players that could fall, players that could rise, and lastly, who would each of us take at that spot if we were Dell Demps and had [...]
- Given the Pelicans’ outstanding fortune a year ago, it was understandable that general manager Dell Demps and head coach Monty Williams were not overly disappointed by Tuesday’s outcome.
- Quotes from Pelicans players and coaches following the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery
- So now that the order is set, let’s take a look at how this draft might shake out. 1. Cleveland Cavaliers – Nerlens Noel, F/C, Kentucky Small forward is Cleveland’s biggest need, but Noel is a much better prospect than Otto Porter at this point, so Cleveland will take him. A couple years after...
The most probable outcome for the Pelicans unfortunately came to fruition; New Orleans will select 6th in the 2013 NBA draft. Cleveland, nearly winners last year after selecting Kyrie Irving #1 overall in 2011, will pick at the top spot for the third time in eleven years.
The top 6: 1. Cle...
- The New Orleans Pelicans received the sixth overall selection in the upcoming NBA Draft, as determined by the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery held in New York City.
The important details for tonight:
Time: 7:30 CST - ESPN coverage of the event begins. I don't expect the lottery itself will start until 8:30 or so, though I'm sure whatever programming ESPN has planned will include a bit on the Hornets' win last year.
The Order: Here's the seeding orde...
- Today can unofficially be deemed the first day of the New Orleans Pelicans offseason, as the first domino is set to fall down at 7:30 tonight. The Pelicans own an 8.8% chance at securing the first overall pick in the 2013 draft and have a 55.3% chance of drafting in the top five. As Ryan [...]
I have a thing for playing with numbers, statistics. This is why Excel is my best friend - with all the number crunching and manipulation possible therein, it's held a special place in my heart.
And so here are 2 studies I did on the draft:
The first looked at the relative value of draft pos...
Well, they just had to go and make this weird.
Per the Observer's Rick Bonnell (who used to cover the Charlotte Hornets in their heyday), the Bobcats will hold a news conference this evening to officially announce that they'll be re-becoming the Charlotte Hornets in the near future. Multip...
- The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans have announced today the hiring of Doug Tatum as the Executive Director of Digital Media.
- The Benson family joined the New Orleans Super Bowl XLVII Host Committee, Chevron, the City of New Orleans, and NORDC on Friday to celebrate the successful reopening of Harrell Stadium.
- With the always-entertaining 2013 NBA draft lottery scheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 21, Pelicans.com rounded up writers from the other participating teams for a comprehensive preview.
- As I’m sure you’re all aware this coming Tuesday, May 21st is the NBA Draft Lottery. Last year this was a tremendous turning point for the Pelicans as the lottery balls fell the right way and the team won the rights to draft Anthony Davis. This year we’re hoping if we all gather in one [...]
- Pelicans.com continues its offseason updates by profiling Al-Farouq Aminu, who became the full-time starter at small forward in his second year as a member of New Orleans.